1102 17 Avenue NW
This is your opportunity to customize a brand-new DETACHED INFILL w/ proposed 2-bedroom BASEMENT SUITE* in peaceful Capitol Hill! The open concept layout of this 2-storey, 2,204 sq ft modern home is perfect for growing families or those looking for a great revenue opportunity. Enjoy the perks of this centrally-located community – including an effortless commute to downtown, SAIT, & UoC by CTrain or car; quick access to shopping along 16th Ave or Kensington; and being within walking distance to both Confederation Park & Riley Park! During the day, work in the bright, South-facing private office overlooking the front verandah, then when it’s time for dinner, the family can spread out in the spacious kitchen w/ oversized 10’ island w/ bar seating. Choose the right appliances for you w/ the $12,000 appliance credit, and match the ceiling-height lacquered cabinets and quartz countertops to your preferred style. The bright living room acts as a welcoming hub, with direct access to the back deck through large 8-foot sliding glass doors and the kitchen and dining room views. The rear mudroom features built-in lockers and a bench, keeping everyone organized as they head in and out of the house. The master suite enjoys a vaulted ceiling and large walk-in closet w/ built-in shelving, while the ensuite features a bard door entrance, heated floors, a drop-in soaker tub, a fully tiled shower w/ bench and quartz counters. The upper floor also includes two secondary bedrooms, a full laundry room w/ folding counter and sink, the main bath, and an open stairwell. Enter the lower level through the kitchen or a private, separate entrance off the side of the home. The 2-bed legal basement suite features a full kitchen w/ lacquered cabinets, dual undermount sink, fridge, range, and built-in dishwasher. There’s also a spacious living room, separate dining room, 3-pc bath, and in-suite laundry. Don’t miss your chance to own new in this up-and-coming inner-city neighbourhood in this incredible, modern home! *Pending final city inspection & approval. *RMS measurements taken from builder’s plans & subject to change upon development.
More About This Home
This brand-new detached home in Capitol Hill is bursting at the seams with potential, appealing to both investors and buyers alike! Perfect for families looking to expand or professionals wanting room to breathe, this 2,204 sq ft home showcases what feels like an endless amount of space, and the basement is a proposed two-bedroom suite with a separate entrance, laundry, and kitchen! Rent out one or both suites, or utilize the entire space; it’s all up to you!
This stand-out modern farmhouse-style home with picturesque front verandah is designed to boast a unique style and premium upgrades such as designer lighting by Dhillon Lighting, engineered oak hardwood flooring, upgraded carpet, and more. Plus, with five rooms and 3.5 baths, hosting guests or thinking about the future is easy and stress-free.
Entering the home, a bright front foyer leads you to the private front office, perfect for welcoming clients. Take meetings overlooking the sun-drenched verandah through oversized windows in this quiet space.
The open-concept main floor has a modern aesthetic with 9-foot painted ceilings and oversized windows throughout, with views across the level to the rear of the home. At the center of the layout is the kitchen featuring quartz countertops, a modern backsplash, and a generous amount of ceiling-height lacquered cabinetry, including a built-in pantry, to keep everything organized and tucked away. An oversized 10-foot island has plenty of room for bar seating and showcases a dual basin under-mounted sink and built-in dishwasher to make dinner time a breeze. Finish off the contemporary kitchen to your unique tastes with a $12,000 appliance credit to Trail Appliances.
The dining room area sits across from the kitchen next to large windows, creating the perfect entertaining spot with enough room for a large table.
Further towards the rear of the home is the spacious living room, which features a gas fireplace with stunning tile detailing and built-in millwork. An additional bonus is the direct access to the backyard from the giant 8-foot dual sliding glass doors, making a blended indoor/outdoor space.
Tucked around the corner from the living room is a tiled mudroom with a bench, built-in lockers, and tiled floors. Rounding off the main floor is a quaint powder room with a vessel sink and tile backsplash.
Up the open staircase, the second floor has 9-foot ceilings, a fresh modern style, and upgraded carpet throughout. Great for families with children, this floor hosts three spacious bedrooms and a laundry room with side-by-side appliances, a folding counter, a laundry sink, and a linen closet. Both secondary bedrooms have custom closets, large windows, and shared use of the main 4-piece bath.
The large master suite boasts a vaulted ceiling and a custom walk-in closet with custom built-in shelving. A sliding barn door leads to a beautiful 5-piece ensuite with heated tile floors, dual undermount sinks, quartz counters, a free-standing soaker tub, and an oversized shower bench, fully-tiled surround, and 10mm glass.
A private entrance off the side of the home gives your tenants or guests access to the proposed secondary suite, which continues the home’s modern, upgraded aesthetic throughout the additional 997 sq ft of living space.
The main living area enjoys an open concept layout with a spacious full kitchen, dining area, and large living room. The kitchen features quartz counters, a dual undermount sink, lacquered upper and lower custom cabinets, a fridge, range, and a built-in dishwasher. Two good-sized bedrooms have built-in closets, a separate laundry closet allows the levels to truly remain private, and the main 4-piece bath with a tub/shower combo and large vanity offers lots of room and storage.
This home comes equipped with a 75-gallon hot water tank, a 100 amp electrical panel, and a high-efficiency furnace with a humidifier. It’s also roughed-in for ceiling speakers, in-floor heat, A/C, an alarm system, and a central vac system! There is still plenty of time to customize finishes to this home to make it your own.
Capitol Hill is an up-and-coming inner-city community with a mix of character homes and newly-built infills. The area is well-known for its quick and easy access to main routes around town like 16th Avenue, 14th Street, 10th Street, and Crowchild Trail, but also to many transit options like the SAIT/Jubilee C-Train station, Banff Trail C-Train station, and many bus routes along 14th, 16th, and 10th.
Teachers and students have been calling Capitol Hill home for a long time, as SAIT is only a 4-minute walk away, and the University is a breezy 12-minute commute. Professionals have also called the neighbourhood home with the 10-minute commute to the Core.
Sticking close to home for outdoor activities is also easy, with Confederation Park, Riley Park, Prince’s Island Park, and the entire Bow River Pathway system all within a 10-minute bike ride away (Confederation being only 3)!
And don’t worry about amenities and shopping – North Hill Centre is down the road, Starbucks is around the corner, and Kensington is down the road. Enjoy Calgary favourites close by like Peter’s Drive-In, Boogies Burgers, Loco Lou’s, and Jimmy’s for the city’s best shawarma!
Don’t miss this opportunity to own your dream home with revenue potential in this peaceful, desirable neighbourhood today!
*RMS measurements taken from builder’s plans & subject to change upon development.
Proposed Finishes & Specifications
THE SELLER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY ANY SPECIFICATIONS WITHOUT NOTICE
- 2-Storey Detached Infill by Mainstreet Developments
- 3,201 Square Feet of Developed Living Space (2,204 Square Feet Above Grade)
- 5 Bedrooms in Total (3 Up / 2 Down)
- Proposed 2-Bedroom Basement Suite w/ Separate Entrance
- 40’ x 105’ Lot w/ South Front Yard
- Double Detached Garage (21’ x 22’)
- Designer Lighting Package from Dhillion Lighting
- LED Pot Lighting Throughout
- Front South-Facing Verandah
- 9-Foot Painted Ceilings
- Wide Plank, Engineered Oak Hardwood Flooring
- Open Concept Kitchen w/ Ceiling-Height Lacquered Cabinets, Under Cabinet Lighting, Quartz Counters, and Built-In Pantry
- $12,000 Appliance Budget at Trail Appliances
- Oversized (10’) Central Island w/ Quartz Countertop, Dual Basin Undermount Stainless Steel Sink, Built-In Dishwasher, and Bar Seating
- Dining Area w/ Oversized Windows
- Living Room features Gas Fireplace w/ Tile Detailing and Built-In Millwork
- 8-Foot Sliding Glass Doors onto Back Deck
- Rear Mudroom w/ Tile Floors, Built-In Lockers, and Bench
- Powder Room w/ Vessel Sink and Tile Backsplash
- Separate Front Office w/ Oversized Windows Overlooking the Verandah
- 9-Foot Painted Ceilings
- Upgraded Carpet Flooring
- Masters Quarters features Vaulted Ceiling, Large Windows, and Walk-In Closet w/ Built-In Shelving & Drawers
- 5-Piece Ensuite features Barn Door Entrance, Large Windows, Heated Tile Floors, Drop-in Soaker Tub, Tiled Shower w/ 10mm Glass & Bench, Dual Sinks, Quartz Countertops, & Formal Water Closet
- Main Bathroom w/ Quartz Countertop, Undermount Sink, Tile Flooring, and Tile Tub Surround
- Laundry Room w/ Side-by-Side Washer/Dryer, Upper Cabinets, Laundry Sink, Folding Counter, & Linen Closet
- Secondary Bedrooms w/ Built-In Closets
- Fully Developed Proposed 2-Bedroom Basement Suite w/ Separate Entrance
- 9-Foot Knockdown Ceilings
- Full Kitchen w/ Quartz Countertops, Dual Undermount Sink, Lacquered Upper and Lower Custom Cabinets, Fridge, Range, and Built-In Dishwasher
- Spacious Entertainment Room w/ Separate Dining Area
- In-Suite Stacked Washer/Dryer
- Two Good-Sized Bedrooms w/ Built-In Closets
- Main 3-Piece Bathroom features Quartz Countertop, Undermount Sink, Large Vanity, and Tub/Shower Combo w/ Tile Surround
PLUMBING, HEATING, & ELECTRICAL
- 75-Gallon Hot Water Tank
- High-Efficiency Furnace w/ Humidifier
- 100 Amp Electrical Panel
- Sump Pump
- Rough-Ins for Ceiling Speakers, In-Floor Heat, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, and Central Vac System
- Hardie and Smart Board
- Pressure Treated Rear Deck
- Brushed Concrete Steps and Walks
- Pressure Treated Fences
- Landscaping Package
- BBQ Gas Line to Rear Deck
- Aluminum Clad, Double-Glazed Low E Windows
WARRANTY & SERVICES
- New Home Warranty Program
*RMS measurements taken from builder’s plans & subject to change upon development.
Disclaimer: Images are shown for inspiration, actual finishes will vary
More About Capitol Hill
URBAN UPGRADE & NEWINFILLS
Since becoming a Realtor in 2002, Lisa has developed a genuine passion for following real estate news and market trends, to ensure that her clients receive the best representation possible. Whether buying, selling or investing, Lisa prides herself on her ability to provide her clients with exclusive insight, that is not available elsewhere. With an extensive resume in new home sales, Lisa is well versed in the new infill market segments. Lisa has worked with several builders and developers throughout Calgary’s inner city communities, and has a broad understanding of the building process from start to completion. What sets Lisa apart is her true passion of what she does. Lisa understands that buying a home is one of the most significant transactions a person may ever make, which is why she strives to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of any individual or family who chooses to work with her.