1646 42 Street SW
Proposed Finishes & Specifications
Disclaimer: Below specifications are believed to be accurate but should not be relied upon without independent verification. Specifications noted below are subject to change without notice.
- 2-Storey Detached Infill with East/West Exposure
- Over 3,100 Square Feet of Developed Living Space (2,313 Square Feet Above Grade)
- Upgraded ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) Basement Foundation for Improved Energy Efficiency and Sound Proofing
- 5 Bedrooms in Total (3 Up / 2 Down)
- Legal 2 Bedroom Basement Suite with Separate Entrance and Fully-Developed Kitchen
- Triple Pane Lux Windows for Upgraded Energy Efficiency and Sound Proofing
- Double Detached Garage (20’ x 22’) with Charger for EV Vehicles
- 10-Foot Ceilings
- Open Concept Floorplan with Oversized LUX Windows
- Wide Plank, Engineered Hardwood Flooring
- Elegant 2-Piece Powder Room with Modern Vanity and Vessel Sink
- Spacious Front Flex Room with Oversized Windows and Custom-Built Floor to Ceiling Feature Wall – Could Be Used as Formal Dining Room, Office or Living Room
- Rear Living Room with Gas Fireplace Feature Wall with Full-Height Stone Tile Surround and Sliding Glass Doors to Rear Deck and Backyard
- Large Central Kitchen with Extensive Upgraded Custom Cabinetry, Full Height Quartz Backsplash and Waterfall Quartz Countertops
- Oversized Central Island with Breakfast Bar
- Built-In Pantry and Coffee Bar
- Upgraded Bosch/Thermodor Stainless Steel Appliance Package with Custom Hoodfan
- Mudroom with Tile Flooring and Custom Built-In Bench and Modern Feature Wall
- Modern Wood Wrapped Staircase with Wood Railing and Glass Guards
- Oversized Windows and Skylight
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring in Main Hallway, and Upgraded Shaw Carpet Bedrooms
- Master Bedroom with Feature Wall, Oversized Windows, Expansive Custom Walk-In Closet and Private Ensuite
- Master Ensuite with Tile Floors, Floating Vanity with Dual Sinks, Free Standing Soaker Tub with, and Fully-Tiled Walk-In Rain Shower with Body Jets and Glass Enclosure
- Two Secondary Bedrooms, Each with a Custom Walk-In Closet
- Main Bathroom with Quartz Countertop, Under Mount Sink, Tile Flooring and Tile Surround
- Spacious Laundry Room with Extra Storage
- Fully Developed LEGAL SUITE with Separate Entrance and Separate Laundry Hookups
- 9-Foot Ceilings Throughout
- 3-Piece Bathroom with Tile Floors, Modern Vanity and Walk-In Shower
- Basement Master Bedroom with Custom Walk-In Closet
- Secondary Bedroom with Built-In Closet OR Option to Convert to Home Gym
- Media Room with Built-In Entertainment Unit
- Wet Bar with Quartz Countertop, Extensive Cabinetry and Beverage Fridge
PLUMBING, HEATING & ELECTRICAL
- Upgraded 2lb Insulation and Thermal Barrier
- Fire/Soundproof Insulation in Basement Ceiling with Resilient Channels for Extra Sound Barrier
- HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilation) System
- Oversized Two Stage 120K BTU Furnace for Energy Efficiency
- Separate Furnace for Basement Suite
- Secondary Laundry Hookups in Basement Suite
- Rough-In for In-Floor Heat in Basement
- Rough-In for Air Conditioning
- Rough-In for Central Vacuum System
- Rough-In for Security Camera
- Upgraded ICF Foundation for Improved Energy Efficiency and Sound Proofing
- High Quality Concrete Work by Lafarge (Basement and Garage)
- 220V Wiring in Garage for Electric Vehicle
- Triple Pane Windows
- Stucco Facade
- Exposed Aggregate Steps and Walks
- Pressure-Treated Fences
- Landscaping Package
- BBQ Gas Line to Rear Deck
SELLER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE ABOVE SPECIFICATIONS WITHOUT NOTICE
Disclaimer: Images shown are for inspiration only - actual finishes will vary
About ICF Construction
WHAT IS ICF?
ICF stands for “insulated concrete forms”. Basically, these are cast-in-place concrete forms used to build exterior walls (or the interior party wall of a duplex) of a house. The forms consist of approximately 3” of foam held apart with plastic webs used to stabilize the foam forms and support interior rebar during concrete pouring. Each side of the form, which will ultimately be the interior and exterior of the walls, consists of an insulating material. The final product is a home that looks like a traditional home, but its exterior structure is of a vastly more durable material possessing a significantly high thermal mass and resistance to heat loss.
BENEFITS OF ICF?
1) Energy Efficiency – ICF wall systems are a very energy efficient wall system. Not only do the walls possess a high “r” value (depending on the manufacture and the application), anywhere from r23-r30, the walls also have a very tight air seal, helping to reduce the energy loss associated with air infiltration and exfiltration. Homes built with ICF walls require about 44% less energy to heat and 32% less energy to cool than a comparable wood-frame house, based on a study of single family homes located throughout the US and Canada – according to ConcreteNewtwork.com
2) Strength & Durability – ICF wall systems are rated to withstand extreme weather conditions, including tornados and hurricanes and can be engineered for all seismic conditions. In addition, they are rated safe for earthquake zones (up to zone 4) and will not rot or mould. ICF systems can resist fires for up to four hours.
3) Acoustic Benefits – ICF wall systems decrease the amount of sound that comes in from the outside by over half, and is consequently one of the quietest building materials on the market.
4) Cleaner Air – ICF systems prevent draft and air infiltration, meaning they prevent airborne contaminants from entering the building. This is great for a homeowner because not only does it reduce allergens but dust, as well.
5) Environmentally Friendly – Aside from ICF reducing energy consumption due to heating and cooling, ICF systems also help to reduce overall construction waste, as every form will remain on the home or building. There is very little construction waste resulting from this system as the modular nature of the product allows for smaller pieces to be used again in other parts of the project.
URBAN UPGRADE & NEWINFILLS
Since becoming a Realtor in 2002, Lisa has developed a genuine passion for following real estate news and market trends, to ensure that her clients receive the best representation possible. Whether buying, selling or investing, Lisa prides herself on her ability to provide her clients with exclusive insight, that is not available elsewhere. With an extensive resume in new home sales, Lisa is well versed in the new infill market segments. Lisa has worked with several builders and developers throughout Calgary’s inner city communities, and has a broad understanding of the building process from start to completion. What sets Lisa apart is her true passion of what she does. Lisa understands that buying a home is one of the most significant transactions a person may ever make, which is why she strives to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of any individual or family who chooses to work with her.