Attached New Infill For Sale in Calgary, Alberta
|Address||213 18 Street NW|
|Courtesy Of||RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE|
|Size (AG)||1946 sq/ft|
|Lot Size||313 sq/metres|
|Parking||Double Garage Detached|
Situated on an extra deep 135’ lot w/ a West backyard, this brand new infill by award winning Sunset Homes is sure to impress! With over 2,850 sf of living space & luxury upgrades including an ICF PARTY WALL/FOUNDATION, hardwood wrapped stairs, painted ceilings & designer lighting throughout - this home showcases a notable attention to detail & fine craftsmanship. The open-concept kitchen features waterfalled quartz countertops, upgraded S/S appliances & custom built cabinetry by Blum. Tastefully separated by a full-height glass wall, this home features a private front office/den. Living Rm features fireplace with solid granite surround and sliding glass doors to the yard. 2nd floor features skylight, soaring vaulted ceilings, oversized laundry rm, massive master suite w/ private 5-piece bath + WIC. Finished bsmnt w/ large rec room, full wet bar, guest bdrm & full bath. HE furnace w/ dual zones, HRV system & ROUGH-INS for A/C, central vac, & in-floor heat. See Realtor's website for full details & 3D tour.
|Features||Bar, Ceiling 9 ft., Porch, Skylight, Vacuum System-Roughed-In, Vaulted Ceiling|
|Site Influences||Back Lane, Fenced, Flat Site, Golf Nearby, Landscaped, Playground Nearby, Public Transportation, Schools, Shopping Nearby|
|Parking||Double Garage Detached|
|Goods Included||Dishwasher-Built-In, Dryer, Garage Control, Garage Opener, Hood Fan, Oven-Microwave, Refrigerator, Stove-Gas, Washer, Wine/Beverage Cooler|
|Flooring||Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood|
|Heating Type||Forced Air-1|
|Roof Type||Asphalt Shingles|
Situated on an extra-deep 25’x135’ lot with a sunny West-facing backyard, this brand-new semi-detached home by Sunset Homes offers extensive upgrades and a fine attention to detail. Boasting three bedrooms above grade, over 2,850 square feet of upgraded living space and unparalleled craftsmanship, this home is sure to turn heads in an upscale neighbourhood that is home to a number of multi-million-dollar properties, and only steps to Kensington, the Bow River, parks, schools and many amenities.
Boasting luxury upgrades over all levels, this home showcases wide plank engineered oak hardwood flooring, painted ceilings on all levels, designer light fixtures throughout, and an upgraded (ICF) concrete party wall/foundation for extra insulation and noise reduction.
Through the front entryway, a private front den with an oversized window and custom built-ins is tastefully separated from the dining room and rear living spaces by a sliding barn door and a floor-to-ceiling glass panel.
At the center of it all, the kitchen features custom-built cabinetry by Blum, upgraded stainless steel appliances, waterfalled quartz countertops, and a modern tile backsplash. The oversized island offers bar seating for everyday dining, in addition to the formal seated dining room which has space for a larger table.
At the rear of the home, the open-concept kitchen/dining/living room is ideal for entertaining, or easily accommodates families with kids. Highlighted by windows on two sides, the bright living room centers on a gas fireplace with a solid granite surround and custom built-ins on both sides. The beautiful West backyard is accessible through sliding glass doors that lead to the rear yard which hosts a gas line for a BBQ or outdoor heater.
Rounding out the main floor, the 2-piece powder room is discretely tucked away from the main living areas and accessed through the tiled rear mudroom. The mudroom conveniently offers a built-in bench and custom cabinets with hooks and shelving to keep things organized.
Upstairs, three large bedrooms plus two full bathrooms and a huge laundry room easily accommodate family life. The luxurious master suite features soaring vaulted ceilings, a large window and a massive walk-in closet with custom built-in shelving and drawers. The spa-like private 5-piece ensuite has tile floors, quartz countertops, dual undermount sinks, a fully tiled walk-in shower with a glass door and a built-in bench, a freestanding soaker tub and a private water closet. Two additional bedrooms both have upgraded plush carpet, built-in closets with custom millwork, and share use of the main 3-piece bathroom with tile floors, quartz countertops and a large tiled shower with a glass door and built-in bench.
The oversized laundry room offers upgraded front-loading appliances, a sink, a hanging rod, built-in cabinetry and a wrap-around quartz countertop with lots of space for folding.
Downstairs the fully developed basement features an expansive rec room (or theatre room) and a fully loaded wet bar with quartz countertops, built-in cabinetry, floating shelves and a beverage fridge. A third full bathroom has tile floors, quartz countertops and a large tiled shower with a glass door and built-in bench, and a fourth bedroom with oversized windows is great for overnight guests.
This home features a high-efficiency furnace with dual zones, active heat recovery ventilation system (HRV) and rough-ins for air-conditioning, a central vacuum system and in-floor heating.
This home features a large WEST-facing backyard with pressure treated fences and gates, wood window wells and a stunning stucco and brick façade.
Located in a prime inner-city community, West-Hillhurst is close to a number of schools, parks and playgrounds and a quick walk or bike ride to river pathways and all that Kensington has to offer. With a number of amenities nearby, quick access to major roadways and an easy commute to Downtown, this area is appealing to families and professionals alike!
Virtual Tour - 213 18 Street NW
Virtual Tour - 211 18 Street NW
Finishes & Specifications
*Details are believed to be accurate but should not be relied upon without independent verification
- 2-Storey Semi-Detached Home with 4 Bedrooms (3 Up/1 Down)
- 2,885 Square Feet of Total Developed Living Space (1,946 Sq. Ft Above Grade)
- Situated on an Extra Deep 135-Foot Lot with West Facing Backyard
- Upgraded Concrete Party Wall & Foundation Walls for Extra Insulation & Noise Reduction
- Fully Developed Basement with Large Rec Room, Wet Bar, Guest Bedroom & Full Bath
- Premium Location Only Steps to Kensington, River, Parks, Schools & Many Amenities
- Upgraded Designer Lighting Fixtures and Extensive Pot Lighting Throughout
- Custom Closet Organizers in All Closets
- Painted Ceilings Throughout
- High Profile Baseboards & Window Casings
- Engineered Oak Hardwood Flooring with Hardwood-Wrapped Stairs Up/Down
- Front Office Den with Solid Barn Door Entry, Built-Ins, Floating Shelves, Oversized Window and Floor-to-Ceiling Glass Panel
- Kitchen Features Upgraded Stainless Steel Appliances, Custom Built Cabinetry by “Blum” with Pull-out Drawers & Ample Pantry Storage, Full-Height Tile Backsplash, Waterfall Quartz Countertop & Oversized Island with Bar Seating
- Living Room Featuring Gas Fireplace with Solid Granite Surround, Custom Built-Ins and Dual Sliding Glass Doors to the Rear Yard
- Tiled Mudroom with Bench & Custom Built-in Cabinets with Hooks & Shelving
- Powder Room with Tiled Flooring, Vanity with Quartz Countertop & Wall Mounted Plumbing Fixtures
- 9’ Painted Ceilings
- Hardwood on Stairs & Hallway Area
- Skylight Above Staircase
- Large Master Bedroom Featuring Soaring Vaulted Ceilings with Oversized Window, Expansive Walk-In Closet with Custom Built-In Shelving & Drawers and Spa-Like Ensuite Bathroom
- Ensuite Bathroom Featuring Dual Vanities with Undermount Sinks, Quartz Countertops, Freestanding Soaker Tub, Formal Water Closet and Fully Tiled Walk-In Shower with Glass Door, Quartz Bench & Overhead Rain Showerhead
- Laundry Room with Upgraded Washer and Dryer, Built-in Cabinetry, Hanging Rod, Quartz Countertops and Stainless-Steel Sink
- Second Bedroom with Upgraded Plush Carpet, Soaring Vaulted Ceiling with Oversized Window and Large Closet with Built-in Organizers
- Third Bedroom with Upgraded Plush Carpet, Large Window and Closet with Built-ins
- Main Bathroom with Tile Flooring, Quartz Countertop, Undermount Sink and Fully Tiled Shower Area with Glass Door and Tiled Bench
- Expansive Recreation Room or Theatre Room with Window
- Wet Bar with Quartz Countertop, Floating Shelves, Built-In Cabinetry & Beverage Fridge
- 3-Piece Bathroom with Tile Floors, Fully Tiled Shower with Glass Door and Vanity with Quartz Countertop & Undermount Sink
- Generous-Sized Bedroom with Low-Set Oversized Window and Closet with Built-Ins
- Enclosed Mechanical & Storage Room
MECHANICAL, PLUMBING & HEATING
- High-Efficiency Furnace with Dual Zones
- Air Conditioning Rough-In
- Central Vacuum System Rough-In
- In-Floor Heating System Rough-In
- Active Heat Recovery Ventilation System (HRV)
- Sump Pump
- Upgraded Stucco & Brick Façade
- Fully Landscaped with Fenced Backyard & Sod
- Wood-Wrapped Window Wells
- Concrete Walkways & Steps
- Gas Line for Outdoor BBQ
*HOME IS COVERED WITH PROGRESSIVE NEW HOME WARRANTY PROGRAM*
About ICF Construction
WHAT IS ICF?
ICF stands for “insulated concrete forms”. Basically, these are cast-in-place concrete forms used to build exterior walls (or the interior party wall of a duplex) of a house. The forms consist of approximately 3” of foam held apart with plastic webs used to stabilize the foam forms and support interior rebar during concrete pouring. Each side of the form, which will ultimately be the interior and exterior of the walls, consists of an insulating material. The final product is a home that looks like a traditional home, but its exterior structure is of a vastly more durable material possessing a significantly high thermal mass and resistance to heat loss.
BENEFITS OF ICF?
1) Energy Efficiency – ICF wall systems are a very energy efficient wall system. Not only do the walls possess a high “r” value (depending on the manufacture and the application), anywhere from r23-r30, the walls also have a very tight air seal, helping to reduce the energy loss associated with air infiltration and exfiltration. Homes built with ICF walls require about 44% less energy to heat and 32% less energy to cool than a comparable wood-frame house, based on a study of single family homes located throughout the US and Canada – according to ConcreteNewtwork.com
2) Strength & Durability – ICF wall systems are rated to withstand extreme weather conditions, including tornados and hurricanes and can be engineered for all seismic conditions. In addition, they are rated safe for earthquake zones (up to zone 4) and will not rot or mould. ICF systems can resist fires for up to four hours.
3) Acoustic Benefits – ICF wall systems decrease the amount of sound that comes in from the outside by over half, and is consequently one of the quietest building materials on the market.
4) Cleaner Air – ICF systems prevent draft and air infiltration, meaning they prevent airborne contaminants from entering the building. This is great for a homeowner because not only does it reduce allergens but dust, as well.
5) Environmentally Friendly – Aside from ICF reducing energy consumption due to heating and cooling, ICF systems also help to reduce overall construction waste, as every form will remain on the home or building. There is very little construction waste resulting from this system as the modular nature of the product allows for smaller pieces to be used again in other parts of the project.
About West Hillhurst
The northwest community of West Hillhurst is one of Calgary’s most sought after inner city communities and there is a significant amount new infill development in the area. The neighborhood provides residents with a high quality inner city lifestyle combined with convenient access to established amenities and services. There are still a large number of older homes in West Hillhurst but infills and other new residential properties are expected to continue to be developed in the future.
Downtown and the Bow River pathways are within walking distance, Kensington just to the east, North Hill Centre just to the north, and there are several nearby LRT stations. The University of Calgary, SAIT, the Alberta College of Art and Design, and Foothills Hospital are all also in the area. For young families, there are a number of schools in the community and surrounding area and Queen Elizabeth Elementary, Junior High, and High Schools are located in nearby Hillhurst.
RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE
Licensed to trade Residential Real Estate with Re/Max House of Real Estate, Michael is a New Infill specialist passionate about Calgary’s increasingly popular inner city development. Combining a history of entrepreneurial ventures with a Bachelors in Business Administration from Mount Royal University, Michael brings both a sales and managerial skill set to Newinfills.ca & The Urban Upgrade Real Estate Team. Priding himself on his unwavering commitment and professional service, no one cares more about their clients. From concept to reality, he promises to be there every step of the way.