3014 13 Avenue SW
*Visit Multimedia Link for 360º VT & Floorplans!* You want a home that stands out from the rest. One w/ not only designer upgrades but unique touches throughout & an incredible floorplan that makes life easy. You want this 4-bed, 3,000 sq ft DESIGNER infill w/ WALKTHROUGH MUDROOM to the ATTACHED GARAGE on a quiet street in Shaganappi! The thoughtful design begins w/ the MODERN FARMHOUSE EXTERIOR & front foyer w/ luxury shiplap feature wall, built-in bench, & French door coat closet. The bright open concept main floor features a contemporary kitchen w/ two-tone Shaker-style cabinetry, w/ lots of lower drawers & pull-outs, which sits alongside flawless Calacatta quartz counters. The oversized central island features a waterfall countertop in the same Calacatta quartz & has bar seating & a quartzite dual-basin undermount sink. For ultimate functionality, a walnut butcher block extension w/ open shelving is added to the end of the island. Other upgrades include a full height quartz backsplash, extra deep custom cabinetry lining both walls, walnut accents, & wall sconce lighting. A walk-in butler’s pantry has more built-in cabinetry/shelving & decorative tile, & a coffee bar keeps your mornings well fueled! The upgraded S/S appliance package comes w/ an Electrolux fridge/freezer, Bartzoni 5-burner gas range, custom wood hood fan, microwave built into the island, and dishwasher w/ garburator & water & soap dispenser. A navy feature wall follows you into the dining room, where a Lumen chandelier hangs overhead. 8-foot sliding glass doors open up the living room to the rooftop patio & an inset gas fireplace w/ full-wall tile surround & wood detailing create the perfect atmosphere for relaxing & welcoming guests. Up the carpet-wrapped open riser staircase, next to the 2-level feature wall, the spacious master suite features extra-large windows w/ golf course views, a tray ceiling, & a massive walk-in closet. The ensuite, accessible through an oak barn door, features heated tile floors, walk-in shower w/ full-height tile, rain shower, free-standing soaker tub, modern vanity w/ dual sinks, & a separate water closet. A junior master enjoys walkthrough access to the main bathroom w/ quartz counters & tub/shower combo w/ modern grey Moroccon scallop tile detailing. The luxury touches continue into the basement, w/ an extra-long full wet bar w/ quartz counters, custom cabinetry, bar fridge, w/ room for a kegerator! A built-in media wall includes storage & rough-ins for a projector screen, & an enclosed gym w/ glass wall & rubber flooring keep you active all year round. An added feature that’s sure to please – an extensive mudroom w/ Shiplap detail, built-in cabinets, & walkthrough access to the attached double garage! Stay warm in the winter while bringing in groceries, kids, & more! Above the garage, a rooftop patio offers stunning views, a two-tiered deck, & built-in raised planter beds. There are so many unique details to this home, you truly need to see it for yourself!
More About This Home
You want a home that stands out from the rest. A home with not only designer upgrades but unique touches throughout that are beautiful additions that also make life easy, with an incredible floorplan to match.
You want this 2,000 square foot designer infill on a quiet, tree-lined street in Shaganappi. In this lively and active, established inner-city community, golf on the weekends before a neighbourhood BBQ is not uncommon, and commuting to a downtown job is only 10 minutes away by car or 14 on the CTrain.
Before we get into the many amazing features and specs of the interior of this home, let’s talk about the exterior. The thoughtful, contemporary design begins before you step over the threshold with a modern farmhouse exterior. Navy smartboard and brick accents are used to create a stunning curb appeal, and a small patio will become a favourite spot for an evening tea in the South-facing sun. Lush trees line the developed street, making it a picturesque location to raise your family or spend your life with your loved ones.
Stepping into the front foyer, you can immediately sense the thoughtfulness and attention to detail put into designing this new home. A shiplap feature wall sits behind a custom built-in bench, and a French door coat closet offers plenty of space for outdoor items. Other highlights of the home include 10-foot painted ceilings on the main floor, low voltage light fixtures and LED pot lighting throughout, wide-plank engineered oak hardwood on the main and upper levels, and upgraded 40oz carpet with 10lb underlay on the lower level.
This luxurious feeling follows you into the bright and spacious open concept main floor, including the contemporary designer kitchen. Two-tone white and navy Shaker-style cabinetry with gold hardware creates a clean and modern space and highlights the upgrades perfectly. Alongside the custom-built cabinets, which feature lots of lower drawers and pull-outs, open shelving with walnut accents is found. Wall sconce lighting illuminates the beautiful full-height Calacatta quartz backsplash and custom wood hood fan.
More unique lighting hangs above the oversized central island with waterfall quartz counters, bar seating, and quartzite dual-basin undermount sink. Added onto the end of the island for ultimate functionality is a walnut butcher block extension, complete with open shelving. Extra-deep, full-wall cabinetry gives you even more space for storage, and this isn’t including the walk-in butler’s pantry with cabinets, shelves, and decorative tile. And to help you get going in the mornings, there’s a built-in coffee bar with a quartz counter and oversized tile. Just as impressive as the rest of the kitchen, the upgraded stainless steel appliance packing includes an Electrolux fridge/freezer, Bartzoni 36” 5-burner gas range, 36” custom wood hood fan, microwave built into the island, and dishwasher with garburator, and water and soap dispenser.
A navy feature wall follows you into the formal dining area for a seamless transition, where a warm brass Lumen chandelier hangs overhead. A 2-piece powder room also features quartz countertops, a vessel sink, and a decorative tile feature wall.
11-foot by 8-foot sliding glass doors open up the living room to a fabulous two-tiered rooftop patio, bringing in lots of natural light. An inset gas fireplace with full-wall tile surround and wood detailing creates an ideal atmosphere for welcoming guests and relaxing with your family.
A beautiful open stairwell with carpet-wrapped open riser stairs, vertical windows, and a 2-storey shiplap feature wall adds to the living room's grand feel.
Wake up to sun and golf course views from the upscale master suite, complete with an oversized North-facing window, tray ceiling, Lumen chandelier, and beautiful oak barn door separating the ensuite from the bedroom. The ensuite features an incredible vanity with the most drawer storage you’ve ever seen under dual undermount sinks with matte black faucets. The walk-in shower features a full-height black hex tile surround, a built-in bench, and a rain shower. There’s also a free-standing soaker tub with floor-mount tub filler and a separate water closet. Through the ensuite, the large walk-in closet features built-in drawers, shelves, and shoe storage.
Two more bedrooms both enjoy South-facing views and custom closets. One of the rooms is a junior master, with walkthrough access to the main 4-piece bath, featuring white quartz counters, an undermount sink, white shaker cabinets, and a tub/shower combo with a full-height tile surround, including a modern grey Moroccon scallop tile feature wall.
The luxury upgrades continue into the basement, where they meet ultimate modern function. The expansive rec room features a Shiplap feature with a built-in media wall and rough-ins for a projector screen across from an extra-long full wet bar. The well-designed wet bar features the same two-tone contemporary design found in the kitchen, with walnut, navy, and clean white details, with floating display shelves above quartz counters and a grey tile backsplash. There’s also lots of custom built-in cabinetry, a beverage fridge, and even room for a kegerator!
To keep active all year round, there’s a gym space with a floor-to-ceiling glass wall, plug-ins for a wall-mounted TV, a closet for storage, and rubber flooring. A bright guest bedroom with a large window, a main 4-piece bathroom with heated tile flooring, quartz countertop, undermount sink, modern faucets, dual-flush toilet, and fully tiled shower with mosaic tile floor and sliding glass door, plus a good-sized laundry/pet room with sink, built-in cabinetry, linen closet, and Electrolux washer/dryer round out the basement living space.
A truly unique feature that is sure to become a favourite addition to this already impressive home – an attached walkthrough mudroom connecting the attached double garage to the basement! If that’s not impressive on its own, the actual mudroom features multiple full-height cabinets with shiplap detail and lower drawers for more storage than you’ll ever need.
Above the garage, a 20-foot by 21-foot, two-tiered rooftop patio offers stunning views alongside a built-in pergola and raised planter beds for flowers, fresh herbs, or even some vegetable gardens!
Other highlights include CAT-5 wiring throughout, roughed-in central air conditioning, high-efficiency furnace with humidifier, 50-gallon hot water tank, low maintenance metal clad windows with vinyl interiors, and exposed aggregate concrete front walkway.
Shaganappi is a popular and well-established inner-city community home to many upscale new infills. You're only four blocks away from the Westbrook shopping area, including Westbrook Mall, Safeway, Shoppers, and more. Shaganappi Point CTrain station is only a 10-minute walk to the east, and Westbrook CTrain and library are only 5 minutes to the west. For outdoor activities and recreation, you're close to many parks like Shaganappi Park (including the Shaganappi Off-Leash Area) and Edworthy, and the Killarney Aquatic and Rec Centre is just down the road! This home is also located in Western Canada Highschool's catchment area – perfect for families with older children!
With wonderful views of the city, a golf course close by, and parks to enjoy, neither this luxury home nor its location will disappoint!
Finishes & Specifications
- 2-Storey Detached Infill w/ Over 3,071 Square Feet of Living Space (2,003 Above Grade)
- North Back Yard Exposure
- Double Attached Garage (18’ x 21’) w/ 8’ Garage Door
- 4 Bedrooms (3 Up/1 Down)
- Fully Developed Basement w/ Large Rec Room, Wet Bar, Built-In Entertainment Unit, Guest Bedroom, Full Bathroom w/ Heated Tile Floors, and Home Gym
- Wide-Plank Engineered Oak Hardwood Flooring on All Upper Levels and Upgraded 40oz Carpet w/ 10lb Underlay in Lower Level
- Low Voltage Light Fixtures and Energy Efficient LED Pot Lighting
- Open Riser Stairs
- 10’ Painted Ceilings w/ 8’ Passage Doors
- Kitchen Featuring Quartz Backsplash, Custom Cabinetry w/ Soft-Close Hardware, Open Cabinets w/ Walnut Accents, Wall Sconce Lighting, and Large Custom Wood Hoodfan
- Walnut Butcher Block Extension w/ Open Shelving and White Shaker Doors w/ Brass Hardware
- Large Central Island w/ Waterfall Quartz Countertops, Bar Seating, and Quartzite Dual-Basin Undermount Sink
- Stainless-Steel Appliance Package Includes Electrolux Fridge/Freezer, Bartzoni 36” 5-Burner Gas Range, 36” Custom Wood Hoodfan, Microwave Built into Island, and Dishwasher w/ Garburator and Water and Soap Dispenser
- Walk-In Pantry w/ Built-In Cabinetry, Shelving, and Decorative Tile
- Additional Pantry Storage in Extra Deep Built-In Full-Wall Cabinetry
- Built-In Coffee Bar w/ Quartz Counter and Oversized Tile
- Formal Dining Area w/ Oversized Windows w/ Lumen Details
- Living Room Featuring 11’x8’ Sliding Glass Door, Inset Gas Fireplace w/ Built-In Millwork and Tile Details
- Powder Room w/ Quartz Countertops, Vessel Sink, and Tile Feature Wall
- Front Foyer w/ Large Built-In Bench w/ Shiplap Detail and Built-In Closet
- Carpet-Wrapped Open Riser Staircase
- 9’ Ceilings w/ 8’ Passage Doors
- Master Suite w/ Large North-Facing Windows w/ Golf Course Views, Tray Ceiling, and Large Walk-in Closet w/ Custom Hanging, Shelf, and Shoe Storage
- 5-Piece Ensuite w/ Heated Tile Floors, Walk-In Shower w/ Full Height Tile, Rain Shower, and Hand-Held Shower Head, Free-Standing Soaker Tub, Modern Vanity w/ Dual Undermount Sinks, and Separate Water Closet
- Main Bath w/ Quartz Countertops, Undermount Sink, and Fully Tiled Tub/Shower Combo
- Junior Master features Walkthrough Closet w/ Access to Main Bathroom
- Second and Third Bedrooms Both w/ Custom Closets
- Fully Developed w/ 9’ Ceilings
- Expansive Rec Room w/ Full Wet Bar, Built-In Media Wall w/ Storage, and Rough-Ins for Projector Screen
- Wet Bar Featuring Quartz Countertop, Custom Built-In Cabinetry, Beverage Fridge, and Room for a Kegerator
- Gym w/ Floor-to-Ceiling Glass Wall and Rubber Flooring
- Bright Guest Bedroom w/ Large Window
- 4-Piece Bathroom w/ Heated Tiled Flooring, Quartz Countertop, Undermount Sink, Modern Faucets, Dual-Flush Toilet and Fully Tiled Shower
- 5’ x 5’ Secondary Laundry/Pet Room w/ Quartz Counters, Upper and Lower Cabinetry, Linen Closet, Sink, and Electrolux Washer/Dryer
- Large Mudroom w/ Full-Height Cabinets w/ Shiplap Detail, Hooks, and Built-In Bench
PLUMBING, HEATING, & ELECTRICAL
- CAT-5 Wiring Throughout
- High-Efficiency Furnace w/ Humidifier
- 50-Gallon Hot Water Tank
- Roughed-In Central Air Conditioning
- Smart Board, Stucco on Sides, and Brick Accents
- Exposed Aggregate Concrete Front Walkway
- 20’ x 21’ Rooftop Patio w/ Golf Course Views
- Pressure-Treated Wood Fence
- Low Maintenance Landscaping
- Low Maintenance Metal Clad Windows w/ Vinyl Interiors
- Asphalt Shingle Roof
WARRANTY & SERVICES
- New Home Warranty Program
- Progressive New Warranty – Directly Administered by Progressive New Home Warranty
URBAN UPGRADE & NEWINFILLS
Since becoming a Realtor in 2002, Lisa has developed a genuine passion for following real estate news and market trends, to ensure that her clients receive the best representation possible. Whether buying, selling or investing, Lisa prides herself on her ability to provide her clients with exclusive insight, that is not available elsewhere. With an extensive resume in new home sales, Lisa is well versed in the new infill market segments. Lisa has worked with several builders and developers throughout Calgary’s inner city communities, and has a broad understanding of the building process from start to completion. What sets Lisa apart is her true passion of what she does. Lisa understands that buying a home is one of the most significant transactions a person may ever make, which is why she strives to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of any individual or family who chooses to work with her.